Saturday 15 October 2011 At 12-16
Arrived at Catrine 12.30 for a short ”one woman show”
Moderator: Anna Bellman
The exhibition lasted until 29 October 2011
Opening Hours: Weekdays 10-18 • Saturdays 12-15
Couleur Art Trade Nybrogatan 14, 114 39 Stockholm • Tel 08-660 68 03 • firstname.lastname@example.org
About the exhibition
I see this exhibition as a tribute to a country that have had and has so many great human beings that left their mark not only in history but also inspired humankind.
Who did not cry when Obama was elected president, who has not been absorbed by Bob Dylan's lyrics, been seduced by the Elvis moves, or impressed by Steve Jobs' efforts. One could wonder how long the U.S. will be the superpower. With all the crises they have gone through.
But people / icons / heroes remains. Their winged words are there. And they will always retain their power and continue to give strenght, cohesion and focus.
Interview on TV4 After ten with Malou, October 12:
Some pictures prior to the exhibition:
Awesome Flickr Gallery Error - Photoset not found
Images from the opening:
Photographer Mats Bax
Paintings for the exhibition:
1. Breakthru I like the moment when I break a man’s ego. / Bobby Fischer
2. Broadcast Queen Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. / Opera In.
3. LIKE By giving people the power to share, we’re making the world more transparent. /Mark Z.
4. I just left the Building I’d just like to be treated like a regular customer. /Elvis
5. Kissing a frog I am strong, I am ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, Ok. /Madonna
6. Fly away Nobody tears my city apart and gets away with it. /Superman
7. Respect I’m the lady next door when I’m not on stage. /Aretha Franklyn
8. Kiss me Tiger Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one./ Marylin M.
9. Take ten steps back Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one./ Marylin M.
10. Who Am I All I can do is be me, whoever that is. / Bob Dylan
11. Queen of Spades There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made. /Michelle O.
12. Take Off Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn’t be done./ Amelia Erhart
13. THE queen Racing is Life. Everything before or After is just waiting / Steve Mc Queen
14. Black or White The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at the work/ Michel J
15. I was Born Talk About Your Dream. Try to make it real. / Bruce Springsteen
16. Dont´t Ask Don’t Ask what the country can do for U, Ask what U can do for the country/ JFK
17. King of US You Know, My faith is one that admits some doubt /Barack Obama
18. Innocent We are on a mission from God / Blues Brothers
19. Talking To Me? You´ll have time to rest when you are dead / Robert De Niro
20. Yes, I´m talking to U (I am not a klippdocka) Nothing is impossible. It is in the word itself: I´m possible. / Audrey H.
21. Storytime Every seed is awakened, and all animal life. / Sitting Bull
22. Purple Rain - crosswind Can You imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? / Prince
23. Go to the Zoo A camel makes an elephant feel like a jet plane. / Jackie Kennedy
24. Boxed I want to live my life, not record it/ Jackie Kennedy
25. PMS Getting angry doesn´t solve anything. / Grace Kelly
26. Bed of roses I want to live my life not record it./ Jackie Kennedy
27. Close up The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at the work/ Michel Jackson
28. First king It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one/ George Washington
29. Redrum. With my sunglasses on, I’m Jack Nicholson. Without them, I’m fat and 60./ Jack Nicholson
30. Rip. Your time is limited. Don’t waste it living someone else’s life. / Seve Jobs
31. The Shining king I’m so nervous. I’ve always been nervous, ever since I was a kid. /Elvis Priestly
32. Fly me to the moon One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind. /Neil Armstrong
33. Nothing To See It´s a terrible thing to see and have no vision. /Hellen Keller
34. No smoking Never confuse the size of your paycheck with the size of your talent./ Marlon Brando